Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Iverson Set to Retire, Play McGrady One-on-One

After 14 years and 889 games in the league, Allen Iverson is set to retire from the National Basketball Association.  His announcement (sort of) came today, exactly one month before Christmas.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Okay it probably is, I'm just saying, only one month until holiday time! 

Iverson released a statement to a Philadelphia Inquirer columnist earlier in the day, stating "I still have tremendous love for the game, the desire to play, and a whole lot left in my tank. I feel strongly that I can still compete at the highest level."

Umm, yeah, Allen that doesn't really sound like much of a retirement speech.  It sounds more like a Brett Favre sort of thing, which we all know means "I'm coming back to the game as soon as someone wants me."

Perhaps Tracy McGrady should just retire too, and the 2 of them can play one-on-one against each other and reminisce about the old times.  I'd pay a dollar to see that!  Imagine it; McGrady would be off to the side, crunched over in the fetal position, clutching his ailing knees and back.  Meanwhile, Iverson would be complaining that this was too much like "practice", bitching about the Grizzlies not starting him and the Knicks not picking him up.  The score would end up 2-0 for Iverson because McGrady wouldn't be able to stand up, and as Allen was muttering his way off the court he would happen to toss the ball over his shoulder, in spite, and it would end up going in. 

Congratulations Mr. Iverson, you're finally a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment